I love stories. Specially narrating stories. Exaggerating them and narrating. I have stories associated with just about anything. Bird shit, car, lock, missing flights, chasing buses, maid servant, broken pyjama strings, coffee, blog...Give me anything and I will tell you a story that happened to me with that subject. The BadCow story has nothing to do with being bad or cows or cows that are bad. It is just my tryst and obsession with bad words. If only my dad had an iota of idea about the extent of my 'galeez maatalu' vocab, he would jump from his 5th floor apartment. Going by the number of bad words I know and use, the way I drive and cuss at drivers ( and yeah my love for night life too ), my mum feels I should have been born as a boy and If I were born a boy and got married, my wife would've committed suicide within the first 2 months of the marriage. See..exaggeration you see. It runs in the family. BadCow ...reminds you of any bad words? For non-native Telugu...
A co-worker's boyfriend had asked me how can I leave the land of opportunities and go back to India. "What is there in India?" these were his exact words. " what is there in India" that I am moving back to? yes, there is corruption in India. There is pollution, population explosion, traffic jams, insensitivity,illiteracy, female foeticide and infanticide . There is lack of civic sense, lack of good organization and there is no cleanliness. We spit on the road and all the walls on the road are public urinals and men make graffiti with pee on all those walls. Haaa! tell me what isn't there in India. A lot of people I know don't want to go back to India for all those mentioned above and a lot more. And can we do anything about it? Yeah, we can fret about it and enjoy watching on-screen how the heroes fight these evils while we munch on our popcorn. may be, my being a hypocrite has a lot to do with the country I come from. The country, the state, the social...
6:30PM, a chilly breeze making them shiver from head to toe, three girls, M, A, S set out on a mission to buy rice from the Indian Grocers, which closes at 7PM and is a good 8 mile drive from home..the girls embarked their 'adventure ride' with lots of excitement and proudly flaunting someone else's Infinity G35 Coupe," intensity captured in seductive form "..excitement as this is going to be their first ever 'only girl' drive after coming to the US.. They make it to the Indian Grocers in time but are disappointed to find it closed. ..more disappointment because V has already started preparing the shrimp curry she has been boasting about since morning and now there is no rice!!!..After racking their brains for a few minutes as to why it is closed they begin their return journey. On the way back home, they realize they need garlic, trash bags and the car needs fuel...A keeps looking to the right and S to the left for a gas station and finally they land in...
Comments