The BadCow story

I love stories. Specially narrating stories. Exaggerating them and narrating. I have stories associated with just about anything. Bird shit, car, lock, missing flights, chasing buses, maid servant, broken pyjama strings, coffee, blog...Give me anything and I will tell you a story that happened to me with that subject.

The BadCow story has nothing to do with being bad or cows or cows that are bad. It is just my tryst and obsession with bad words. If only my dad had an iota of idea about the extent of my 'galeez maatalu' vocab, he would jump from his 5th floor apartment. Going by the number of bad words I know and use, the way I drive and cuss at drivers ( and yeah my love for night life too ), my mum feels I should have been born as a boy and If I were born a boy and got married, my wife would've committed suicide within the first 2 months of the marriage. See..exaggeration you see. It runs in the family.

BadCow ...reminds you of any bad words? For non-native Telugu speakers, Badcow is a cuss word. just like 'a*s**le' and the likes. It is pronounced ' baaaa-da-cow' and supposedly means scoundrel. I googled it up. Couldnt get more information on it :(

As a child, my dad never liked The Brother and I foul mouthing each other. Stupid, Idiot and even the commonly used 'ra', 've' were worthy of lectures. Poor dad did not know that my vocab was more than  mere stupids and idiots. During one of our 98243678 fights, I call The Brother 'badcow' and he goes and complains to dad. Spoilsport. Dad was super shocked. Where and how I learnt this word were deeply contemplated and yours truly was reprimanded for using that word and lectured bigtime on the proper decorum for young girls and blah blah. The episode was long forgotten and in the days to come I took every care that the words I use did not reach the 'pure' ears of my daddy dearest.

A few months ago, I was mightily pissed off at dad and was fuming with rage. I was all ready to yell the roof out of the house when he very casually says "thidthava nannu ippudu? thittu..emani thidtav? badcow aa? badcow anu nannu...annu" (Translation: Yeah, common, will you scold me now? will you call me a badcow now? Call me a badcow) There was a brief silence and we both ended up laughing. yeah ROFL kind of laughter.

I stopped using the word 'badcow' after this incident. Sachinoda is the latest fancy ;)

Comments

preet said…
Very informative ! Start a guide, master telugu boothulu in 30 days.
baadcow said…
Like fridges running away and taps flowing with cola!!!
Anonymous said…
The unfortunate brother also had to go through other forms of physical and mental torture growing up that continues to traumatize and haunt the poor man! Please come forward and help in the rehabilitation of the blog writers brother!
AS... said…
@preet
definitely, with some help from your side in designing the graphics and layout for the book

@baadcow
i reserved the word' A**h*le'for you :)

@Anonymous aka The Brother
rehabilitation... lol.
Anonymous said…
i loved the way u used the shit word as bad cow... super like!!
Anonymous said…
I loved the way u used the "bad cow" word

Popular posts from this blog

vision 2020...just an illusion??

Happy Womens Day!!