When dreams come true..

Last week was a dream-come-true week for me. Not that 5 years down the line 'i-shall-become-an-IAS officer-and serve-my motherland' or ' i will own a Maserati  ' dream dream, but, whatever be the magnitude and aptitude of a dream, a dream is  still a dream! The last week saw two of my dreams come true. And when two dreams come true, you begin to wonder if you have any psychic powers and should take up reading tarot cards as a part-time job...

1) Taking into account the wandering mind that I have, the only consistent dream so far has been the one where I am introduced as a writer. Last night, I was at a dinner party with a few of my undergrad college seniors and their respective wives. S introduces me to his wife as ' She is a writer. She writes blogs. And she runs her own business blah blah'. My mind stopped after the first 4 words (Technically 3. Is 'a' counted as a word?) What was that? Writer? Wrrrriiiiiittteeer??? Awwww... You know that scene from old Bollywood or Tollywood movies where happiness fills your stomach and tears flood your eyes and you will be able to take no more??? Yea, I saw it! I witnessed that!!

2) The second dream is not as beautiful as the first one and one that I never ever wanted  to come true. But the bitch that life is, it slapped that dream hard across my face and the fighter  (!!) that I am I took it with ...I donno.. loads of tears I guess.

That dream had come true. I had to attend an engagement and none of my clothes fitted me anymore. You should've seen the panic on my face with Kurti after Kurti flying across the room and all scattered across the floor.The only think I could get into was an old old old not-anymore-in-trend one and come what way, I wouldn't be caught wearing that!!  So I skip the party.

I had two options: 1) Gym 2) A whole new wardrobe!

My heart found option 2 very very exciting but the mind kept sending unwarranted messages about how broke I am and I had to settle for the gym. The heart and mind conflict. So I go back to the gym. Not gym gym. But power yoga. The name should sound cool, right? And  guess what!! The instructor there.. Oh! Never mind .It's gonna be a whole new post later..



Comments

Krystina said…
Oh Arpita, I am sure you are as beautiful as ever. I love you!
AS... said…
Krystina, I love you too!
You just cant imagine how much I miss you and how happy your comments made me :)
sanjeev said…
i feel the same every other day (that I have some psychic powers) :D ... btw, i always tell everyone that u r an awesome writer whenever I need to tell someone about u... :)
Kalyan said…
To the best writer...Kudos! Keep up the good work...Cheers

Popular posts from this blog

The BadCow story

vision 2020...just an illusion??

once more, please!