Dear God,

Thank You for 2012.
I know I haven't written to you before and I know you are surprised by my writing to you now. This will be my first step towards settling things between us. Really. The entire world is going abuzz with the world ending on 21/12/2012 and I may not be there to write then. Or even thank you for 2013. But then, thank you for 2011,2010,2009.... 2011 sucked. so did 2010, 2009. I dont remember abt 2008. So lets leave it out of the picture for now. And brownie points for me for taking the initiative :P

I haven't asked you anything before. And will not specifically ask for anything now. But just try to avoid showering me with things that I dont want . Here is the list of things I dont want for 2012 . kindly do the needful. (do ppl still use statements from the British era like 'kindly do the needful' while writing formal emails? )

Ok. Here it is...in descending order of importance

  1. That feeling of being hungry all the time. Yes. It is very important and very much deserves to be first in the list cos it is one very uncomfortable and villainous feeling that will not let you concentrate on the task at hand. All you can think about is food. While having breakfast you will think about what to eat for lunch and during lunch all you can think of is that yummy chicken salad for dinner. Sigh!
  2. Pesky aunts wanting to know when the baby is planned and advising me on how or when I should plan so that it doesnt coincide with their son's wedding and what not?
  3. Free ATMs. Free advice transferring machines. Always ready to grab the opportunity where advice can be freely spewed onto us 20-somethings. I get all kinds of advice . Right from how an Indian naari is supposed to take care of the family and not run around chasing companies and careers to why not to use the pill. Yeah! It is difficult being a woman in this country.
  4. The T-word. No more agitations, bandhs and riots.
  5. Stupid leaders and Netas making statements that neither make sense nor are half funny. 
  6. Another sequel to Don 2 or Dhoom 2.
  7. Crashing browsers.
  8. Unwanted Kilos and endless family gatherings/functions.
Wishing you a great year ahead!

Thanks & Regards,
AS...

                                                                                                                                       

Comments

Anonymous said…
One hell of a woman you are, really !! :D may all ur wishes be fulfilled by God this yr !! :P
AS... said…
Thank you, Mr.Anonymous. Wish you the same too :)
Soumya said…
What makes you think the first comment was by a Mr. and not Ms / Mrs ??
Paresh Masade said…
Pukka Sarcasam queen :) .. better change your blog title to this :)

btw.. you are probably in a wrong industry too.. try advertising / PR, you will rock :D

i have a marketing assignment ready too. :D

Popular posts from this blog

The BadCow story

vision 2020...just an illusion??

once more, please!