Mum Vs STOP signs



Mum Vs RajniKanth
Mum: podhunna podhunna inni inni varieties cheyali. 3 different types of breakfast. 3 different varieties for lunch. Okariki rice. Inkokariki pulka. Okaru thinnadi inkokaru thinaru. Asalu nenu manishina machine na?
The Brother: Mom = Rajnikanth
Mum: Hellooo.. mee Rajnikanth kuda cheyyaledu intha thakuva time la innini
The Brother : (with a straight face) Mum > Rajnikanth
Me: ROFL!


Mum Vs Machines
Usually, mornings and breakfasts are like two parallel things for me. They can never meet unless I am on a vacation or at my Mum’s place.
 Me: Abba! Amma, jaldi tea pettu. I’m getting late.
Mum: Sorry. Can’t help. Adi stove. Nenu kadu neeku kaavalsinantha speed ga cheyyatanki.


Mum, the Aunt & the TV serial
Mum: Ayyo, train diggesinda adi?
Aunt: ya. aame (some xyz character's name) ochi vadi gurinchi nijam cheppesi poniyadu inka aameni.

some blah blah follows..

Me: enti a discussion? you guys are discussing as if they are your neighbors!

Mum: ivvala repu vaale neighbors mari!


Mum & Coupes

Mum, Dad, The Brother and I were having icecream at Creamstone and suddenly an Audi I-don’t-know-which-series Coupe comes and stops exactly opposite to where we are sitting. The Brother and Dad get into a discussion about the beauty in front of them. My ammamma’s neighbours have a Mercedes Sports Coupe and my Mum argues with me that it is the same car. She wouldn’t listen to me when I try telling her this is a different car.
Me (in a frustration) : Amma, silly ga matladaku. Prathi car la lo 2-seaters untayi. Coupe antaru vaatini.
Mum: Alto lo undane?
It was like one tight slap across my face.

Moral of the story: You can argue with a STOP sign. But not with Mum.

Comments

Mansa said…
Had a nice laugh! Aunty is super cute :)
Anonymous said…
Laughed a lot today after a long time.keep rocking :)
Sirisha said…
Super Arpitha !! Had a good laugh :D
Sirisha said…
Super Arpitha !! Had a good laugh :D

Popular posts from this blog

The BadCow story

vision 2020...just an illusion??

once more, please!