"What's in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet."

I have decided to call my future child 'omlette'. No, not for the love of eggs and omlettes.

Yesterday, I met someone who loves the name 'Rahul'. She is so much in love with that name that during her college years she had a teddy bear named' Rahul'. Years later, she named her first baby Rahul. Post Kuch Kuch Hota hein, SRK popularized the name so much that every Sita,Gita and Nita named their baby boy Rahul and the name kind of 'epitomized' handsome,youthful,charming lads. For instance, if you walked into any classroom and yelled Rahul, there will be 4 or 5 Rahuls turning to you. and every girl's secret boyfriend of the dreams would be called Rahul.

Naming a child is a very difficult task. I have seen couples taking months to decide a name befitting their offspring. Why give fancy names and then feel disappointed when your kids don't live upto those names? Like you name your child Rama and he is not the 'raamudu manchi baaludu' types and you cant name your daughter 'khushi' and expect her to be happy all the time just because she is khushi.My father selected my name. He loves my name. It means dedication.Ironically, there aint a single thing that I am dedicated to.Not even blogging.

OK. so why omlette? Because Omlette sounds so cool. and different. Like imagine you have a friend Omlette and you go "Hi Omlette, I missed you all these days" or "I love you, dear omlette". Or if there is a job interview and there are a hundred applicants and the interviewer just decides who to interview going by their name. Omlette will definitely stand out. "Good Morning sir, I am omlette and I love cooking." Also, Omlette cos he/she will be made so much fun of that they will become immune to all the taunts and leg pullings and will fight those bully's back and become fighters. And if he/she decides to blog, they wont have to look for names. They can just call it 'The omlette's blog'.

And then, if there is a second one, I will name he/she Bread. I can call them 'Bread Omlette' in one breath. They will be like two peas in a pod.

Comments

Vamsee said…
As the label for this blogpost says..thats my opinion about this blogpost..

my parents named me after lord krishna..and they feel bad for me living up to that name. weird!
Balaji said…
@ Vamsee My parents named me after my grandfather and now they regret that :D
twist knob said…
ha ha .. nice one. The overlying humor and the underlying snub at society's penchant for naming children after cinema icons. I see omlette being a tend setter in baby names.
Arun said…
Nice post...do let us know what you actually end up naming your kids. Do i hear..it would have been cool..but...!
Anonymous said…
This reminds me of the Andaz Apna Apna scene "1 crore rupaiye se murgiyon ka farm kharidoonga, hazaron murgiyon ke crore ande, unka main omlette banaoonga, aur omlette ke liye bread bhi main hi doonga..." Hilarious!
Vishnu said…
I am in love with this post :)
Anonymous said…
Very Hilarious!
(I'm just a passer by)

Popular posts from this blog

The BadCow story

vision 2020...just an illusion??

once more, please!